Welcome to the fourth episode of the Kit Nerd Corner podcast. Kristin is back! That’s four of us talking about soccer shirts!
In this fourth episode, we lead off with the favourite shirts that we own (thanks to a suggestion from friend-of-the-pod Gareth). We get into three recent finds. Kristin jumps right into it, having done a thing or two, as has Mark. We launch a new segment, listener questions (we only got to a couple; stay tuned for more!). And then we round it out with a bunch of other fun things we wanted to mention.
Episode rundown, with times bolded:
0:00 – Introduction – welcome back, Kristin!
3:00 – Feature: The favourite shirts that we own
- 3:37 – Mark: 1860 Munich 2012-13 home by Uhlsport
- 7:52 – Brenton: Arsenal 2003-05 away by Nike
- 14:00 – Kristin: Canada 2012 centenary by Umbro
- 22:30 – Rich: Jamaica 1998 World Cup away
27:41 – Recent releases
- 28:05 – Chorley FC 2022-23 pre-season GK kit by Hope + Glory, featuring all-caps CHORLEY in bold stripes.
- 35:11 – A new-to-us kit manufacturer, Kipsta, is making moves in French football; Nîmes Olympique and AS Nancy Lorraine 2022-23 home shirts by Kipsta.
- 43:30 – Göztepe 2022-23 third by Umbro, featuring a beautiful red/maroon/gold colour combo and rich details. Göztepe play in the Turkish 2nd division; thanks to Football Kit Archive.
48:23 – People doin’ things
- 48:48 – Kristin got the Coventry City 2021-22 2 Tone third shirt.
- 52:10 – Kristin bought the France Euro 2022 home that we love!
- 55:20 – Mark got the Italy 2020 third Renaissance kit and the Sheffield Wednesday 18-19 home kit.
57:51 – New segment: Listener questions!
- From @Nonoshabubu: “Discuss if anyone actually likes ANY of the templates used by the major kit suppliers.”
- From @chribinho: Is there a current kit trend you’d like to see gone (or take a massive break from)?
1:04:42 – Some interesting things we noticed
- The ugly green from FK Sarajevo is cool because AC Milan did it
- Royale Union Saint-Gilloise from Belgium moved kit production in-house!
- Cuffs on West Ham 2nd!
- Modena tweety bird crest and new kit with New Balance
- Danubio FC 90th anniversary sash kit by Umbro
And we’re out.
Intro music: Definition by Black Star (Mos Def and Talib Kweli)
Outro music: Straight To Hell by The Clash
See below for images of all the shirts we talk about, and jump on over to twitter to let us know what you think about all our blathering.
The podcast: @KitNerdCorner
Shirts we discuss in this episode
Feature – Our favourite shirts we own:
1860 Munich 2012-13 home by Uhlsport; Arsenal 2003-05 away by Nike:
Canada 2012 centenary by Umbro; Jamaica 1998 World Cup away:
Recent releases that caught our eyes
Chorley FC 2022-23 pre-season GK kit, player kit, and Dulwich Hamlet 2022-23 home, all by Hope + Glory:
AS Nancy Lorraine and Nîmes Olympique 2022-23 home shirts by Kipsta:
Göztepe 2022-23 third by Umbro:
Some of us got shirts!
* horns blast! Kristin got the Coventry City 2021-22 third 2 Tone kit!
And in a repeat of Rich last episode, Kristin got this beauty, France Euro 2022 home by Nike:
Mark bought two shirts! Italy 2020 “Renaissance” third, and the Sheffield Wednesday 18-19 home kit:
And these get a mention
AC Milan 2022-23 third (but FK Sarajevo did it better):
Royale Union Saint-Gilloise from Belgium moved kit production in-house!:
Check out the cuffs on the West Ham away!
Modena tweety bird crest and new kit with New Balance:
Danubio FC 90th anniversary sash kit by Umbro: